Days and Visiting Hours
* Visitors are allowed to arrive up to 15 minutes before the end of the schedule.
Visiting hours are subject to change without notice. For more information and confirmation please call us on +30 2108232950.
From April 1st until October 31st: €4.00, reduced: €2.00
From November 1st until March 31st: € 2,00
Three day special ticket package: €15.00
Valid for National Archaeological Museum, Epigraphic Museum, Numismatic Museum and Byzantine and Christian Museum.
Access is free for all visitors on:
- the first Sunday of each month between 1st November and 31st March.
- 6th March (Melina Merkouri Memorial Day).
- 18th April (International Day for Monuments).
- 18th May (International Museum Day).
- the last weekend of September (European Heritage Days).
- 28th October (National Holiday).
Reductions apply for:
- Children and young people aged 6 to 25 years old of non-EU countries with their I.D. card or passport.
- Greek citizens and citizens of other EU member states aged over 65 years old, with their I.D. card or passport.
- The accompanying parents on educational visits of primary schools of EU member states.
- The accompanying teachers on the educational visits of schools and institutions of 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade of non-EU countries.
Free access also applies to:
- Children and young people up to 25 years of age of the EU countries, with their police ID or passport.
- Children up to 5 years old from non-EU countries, with their passport.
- Teachers of EU countries accompanying school visits of all levels of education.
- Participants in the Social Income Solidarity (KEA), by displaying their police ID and proof of entitlement to free entry for participation in the KEA program, for the indicated period of participation in that program.
- Holders of a greek unemployment card, displaying their police ID and OAED Unemployment Card in force,
- People with disabilities and their escort (as long as the disability is over 80%), with their proof of disability by the Ministry of Health or a medical report by a public body stating the disability and its percentage.
- Parents of large families up to the age of 25 of their children, or regardless of the age of children, if they have a disability, with their police ID and polytechnic certificate issued by the Polytechnic Confederation of Greece. IP), in force, as well as an EFKA Disability Certificate. (decision of the Center for Disability Certification – KEPPA).
- Parents of families of three children up to the age of 25 of the children, or regardless of the age of the children, if they have a disability, with proof of their current police ID and marital status certificate, as well as an EFKA Disability Certificate (decision of the Disability Certification Center – KEPPA).
- Single parents up to the age of 25 of the children, or regardless of the age of the children, if they have a disability (50% or more), with proof of their current police ID and marital status certificate, as well as an EFKA Disability Certificate (decision of the Disability Certification Center – KEPPA).
- Refugees, by displaying a Bulletin of International Protection or a Travel Document for Convention of 28 July 1951 (recognized refugee passport) or a Foreign Travel Document (recognized passport holder) or a Residence Permit.
- People in their military service, with a demonstration of a military ID card in force.
- The Greek Olympians, displaying their ID card and membership card of the Hellenic Olympic Association.
- Official guests of the Greek State, upon approval by the General Directorate of Antiquities and Cultural Heritage.
- Holders of the special member card of the International Council of Museums (ICOM) or the International Council of Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS).
- Employees of the Ministry of Culture and Sports, the Archaeological Receipts Fund, the Museum of Acropolis and the Kanellopoulou Museum.
- Specialist scientists licensed to photograph, study, design or publish antiquities.
- Members of societies and associations of Friends of Museums and Archaeological Sites throughout Greece with their membership card.
- Members of the Chamber of Fine Arts of Greece, with the display of a membership card, in force,
- Tour guides with their professional I.D., and the students of the Guide Schools of the Hellenic Ministry of Tourism, with their student ID.
- Journalists with their professional I.D.
- Owners of free access cards (see relevant Government Gazette)